Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- We have been working on your behalf to improve the regulatory framework for physical restraint in schools.
- In late September, the Teaching Council hosted a group of teachers and professional leaders from Social Ventures Australia.
- Two key projects that we are excited to update you on are:
- Vetting requests for teachers will now be processed in the standard 20 working days or more following the expiration of our expedited vetting service agreement with Police.
- We would like to acknowledge the passing of Sean Henry Bennet-Ogden, who was a prominent leader in te ao Māori, the education sector and in the history of the Teaching Council Matatū Aotearoa.
- Nicola Ngarewa is a disrupter of educational norms. She sees the challenges in teaching as opportunities. She is a brave and caring leader. Meet your new Teaching Council Board Chair.
- From July 1, 2019 there are new rules around information sharing about children to support their safety and wellbeing.
- Taku manawa e kakapa nei e kakapa ana ki te rā, ki ngā whetū ki te marama…ka tau kai te rua! Kātahi au ka kite i te hē kātahi au ka kite i te mate. Ko te Maunkura a Ngai Tūhoe tēnei
- This article first appeared in the NZ Principals' Federation magazine, written by Teaching Council General Manager Pauline Barnes.
- Carol Walters is so passionate about mentoring that she’s taken a year off her teaching role to mentor full-time for the Teaching Council’s induction and mentoring pilot, Tuakana Teina.